Friday 14 March 2014

Art Challenge 4 - 1st-14th March - "Colour"

I finished a traditional version of this yesterday (I know, a day early! Weird!) and then decided that actually, I'd rather do a digital version as it'd be "cleaner" (and "much better"). So, this time my art challenge submission is a digital piece, which I don't think has happened before. I don't think I've put a digital piece on my blog for ages, either. The label must be covered in dust.


I used the traditional painting to get the rainbow colours: cadmium red, cadmium orange, cadmium yellow, emerald, ultramarine, dioxazine violet and mauve. I used Photoshop to paint over everything except the umbrella and the blending in the sky, where I switched to a very temperamental Corel Painter. I used to utterly adore using that program and now it seems to be a million miles away from what I need it to be, which makes me feel a bit sad.

I have a HUGE draft post in progress with EVERYTHING that I haven't bothered to post over the last two years or so. It's going to be a monster, so don't hold your breath on me finishing it soon. There's a lot of things to scan and photograph!

Next art challenge is "vicious" - at the moment I'm thinking "deathclaw fanart"...

No comments:

Post a Comment